Saturday, January 23, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
It held significance because it started me on a journey that I never intended to be on. It all started because I wanted to be able to share vacation photos with Jenna's friends family when we took her to Walt Disney World last March. So in trying to prepare for that event I stared a blog. It has taken me so much farther than just posting a trip report.
What have I learned this year as I became a blogger...
- I have friends that started out as mere acquaintances.
- Other people are as Disney Crazy as me.
- That when a particular friend of mine mentions me on her blog my readership skyrockets.
- I now know who "The Pioneer Woman" is and have friends who have been to her ranch.
- Blogging was a great record of the past year's events
- It has given me an outlet for my cynicism and my idealism.
- When my life took a new road this year the blog gave me a place to share the journey.
- It has introduced me to a new vocabulary about social networking.
- It gives me one more outlet to brag about my daughter.
- I have learned to carry my camera with me, cause you never know...
- Hidden Mickeys are everywhere.
- I love the blogger community, thanks letting me part of it.
Here's to a great upcoming year. I hope that as my life takes twists and turns you'll be here with me. I imagine that this year will bring a whole new set of circumstances as this new job matures into a greater ministry opportunity than I ever imagined. Keep me and the Reaching Our City, Inc. organization in your prayers. Grace and Peace to you and yours.