Tuesday, December 29, 2009
- I joined the world of blogging, I never would've dreamed that I could have kept up with this for a year. More to come, I hope.
- I started or restarted scrapbooking with new friends
- Celebrated our 2oth Wedding Anniversary
- Celebrated the life of Doctor Knight
- A great Small Group start
- Facebook and Twitter
- Disney World through the eyes of a first-timer. We got to take go to Walt Disney World and take Jenna's friend
- A new van...not a planned event, but nice all the same
- Loss of an Uncle
- The blessing of another birthday--better than the alternative.
- The beginning of the forever being promised office remodel.
- Too many Musicals.
- The end of 6th grade for Jenna.
- Beginning of summer break.
- Some great new friendships made.
- Great vacation to Orange Beach, AL with the Bales. The Caribe Resort Rocks.
- Death of Michael Jackson
- Cooking classes for Jenna--one of the best things ever.
- Feelings of needing a new job opportunity
- Bethany Girls Breakaway 2009-- A great weekend with daughters and moms
- The start of HMM
- Jim starts Photo of the Day blog
- The remodel was finally complete.
- The start of 7th grade.
- Guiding Light comes to and end after 70+ years
- Jenna turned 12
- The Homecoming car accident--glad everyone was safe.
- Trip to WDW with my best friend. Food and Wine Festival--no responsibilities--splitting meals. ALL GOOD.
- The Nehemiah Series--sermons to change your life.
- A new JOB!!
- 1ooth anniversary of BFC--Jenna joins the church.
- A new job-- like none I've ever taken.
- Tragic death of a friend
- Death of an Uncle
- Great Thanksgiving trip to Ohio. Spent with great family that I wished didn't live so far away.
- Another great Christmas card designed and executed by Jim
- A real snow storm in Oklahoma
- Debt free
- The end to a great year of change, some losses and some great blessings in our lives.
I hope as you do a review of the past year that you find most of yours full of great memories and wonderful events. Even in the tragic happenings I hope that we all are able to find ourselves more grateful for the blessings we have and that we not take them or one another for granted in the coming year. God's grace and peace to you.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
They have no relationship to one another...just both equally puzzling.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Jim has introduced me to some churches, pastors, laymen (okay, I don't really know who all movement includes) that are trying to get us (Americans) to rethink Christmas. What if we really embraced a spirit of giving of ourselves and not so much the giving of only material things? I can't imagine a Christmas where my daughter isn't excited by some great toy or gadget, but I will have to tell you that she couldn't even really make me a list this year. What does that say about me as a parent? Does she really have a life of no wants? What can I give her that will really mean something?
As I go through the the next year surrounded by a community of people who really have needs, I'm hoping to discover a better way to celebrate Christmas next year. These people are trying to better themselves but fall back into old traps. Women trying to go back to school but can't make rent because they can't work if they accept monetary assistance to go to school. Men who have criminal records and can't find a place to live because no one wants to take a chance on former criminal. People who walk everywhere they go, not because they are supporting green lifestyle, but because that is their only choice. People who crave a kind word. People who come in everyday just because it's a safe place to be for a little while.
I don't have a plan, but I have a desire. I don't know what the solution is, but I see the problem everyday. I hope the Lord lays a really good vision on me so next year when I am only six days from Christmas I know that I have done my best to make it meaningful for those whom I love and for those who don't really know love.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Jenna and I actually got to spend the evening making Christmas crafts, which we traditionally do way before now. So this might be the only one we do --but if I do say so myself--it turned out pretty darn cute. It did help my Christmas spirit just a little. We're supposed to see a live version of "White Christmas" this weekend so I have high hopes of finally finding some of the joyous season happiness.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
I know you were hoping for some great story of redemption or some story of how we are helping so many people,,,,yada yada, yada. But you know it's really all about ME! LOL! I have some great human interest stories to tell too, and I will spend some quality time writing them down as soon as I can stand up straight again and not feel like climbing into bed the moments I walk in the door in the evening. Grace and Peace to you.