Sunday, September 13, 2009

Autumn Thoughts

As Autumn makes its appearance
It often makes me think
That although the leaves begin to fall
and living things become doormat
I fell change is on the brink

I find myself somewhat unsettled
I wonder what the season will bring:
changes to friendships and relations,
shifts in maturity in our home.
Change can be a really scary thing.

When I find new doors are opening
I struggle with the walk on through
I find the pulls of safety and comfort
The things I find familiar having
more strength than I really knew.

Autumn brings a time of reflection
moments to sit and ponder.
Getting ready for God's inconceivables that
He has in store for those who pray.
and I am expecting gifts of God's amazing wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Change- It can be so scary. And so good at the same time.

    ReplyDelete