Some interesting facts about the store that you don't notice when you only volunteer a couple days a week but now are there 40 hours a week:
- People will donate anything, and expect you to be grateful to get it, and of course we will be.
- My hands are so dry that they feel like sandpaper
- Some customers come by everyday.
- The need to snack during the day is directly related to what box you have been digging through.
- I work in a Hoarders Haven.
- At this time of year we could rename the store North Pole City--so much Christmas stuff!!!
- A significant amount of the people I see daily live a completely different life than I do and I should be more grateful.
- The people that work there are amazing and have embraced me unconditionally--at least to my face.
So Far. So Good!!!