Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What was I thinking?

I really may have completely lost it this time. In the effort to provide my only child a perfect tolerable world in which grow up, I sometimes over think things. Months ago I had this brilliant
not really all that well thought out idea. I thought what if I host a mother/daughter weekend for us and some of Jenna's closest friends. I really thought that I might face some resistance from the mother's who thought that I was nuts, crazy, delusional....etc. But that didn't happen. I got lots of support, the girls were really excited, the plans all came together. Now the weekend is almost here and I am wondering....WHAT WAS I THINKING????
This a great group of people and I'm sure we will have a great weekend. But as the time approaches and the reality sets in of what I have really said I will do, I get a little freaked out. We have a great itinerary planned out, we have good space to host the event, everyone has been great about pitching in to provide activities, food, and support. I have no reason to believe that it will be anything but fantastic.... I have no reason to believe that it will be anything but fantastic.... I have no reason to believe that it will be anything but fantastic....

3 comments:

  1. Im sure it will be absolutely fantastic...Jenna is going to love it and it will be a memory that you create for her that will last a life time!!! I think its awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be GREAT! And if all fails, we can just put on the Wicked soundtrack, turn up the volume, and sing and dance our little hearts out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will be great, you'll look back on it fondly i'm sure xxx

    ReplyDelete