Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is Saturday the shortest day of the week?

Every Saturday I have great expectations of what will get accomplished only to realize that it's never going to happen. So today I'm giving in!! I got up, took my wonderful daughter to Circle the State with Song, came home checked out facebook, worked out, and ate leftovers (I love leftovers). Now I am set up with my laptop to blog while watching reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 (the original...I know it's my terrible, dark, Saturday secret, what's yours?). I'm also thinking about a trip to the tanning bed and painting my toenails. Com'on, join me...lower your expectations...let Saturday have it's way.

4 comments:

  1. My Saturday's are always short because I love to sleep in. The kids get up, I feed them, turn on cartoons and go back to bed. Sometimes hubby gets up...sometimes not....In some respects I wish I got up earlier and got more done. Then again, it's really the only day I get to sleep--and sleep is my friend!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is my best friend's Saturday secret too. So... go back to bed and enjoy your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that you mentioned going to a tanning bed- I started to ask you how you were so tan, but the kids started singing!
    Oh Saturdays- its a struggle for Jay and I to take care of what has to get done, and let other things go. We have to be careful to not cram so much into the day. I try and remember at breakfast to ask everyone what has to get done, and what does everyone want to do for fun. But I admit- I put myself last.

    ReplyDelete